Hearing loss is usually a gradual process, making it easy to disregard the subtle changes in your ability to perceive sounds. Unlike children, who get routine hearing tests in school, adults seldom even consider scheduling an appointment. So why should your hearing be any less relevant than your vision?
It’s essential to have routine hearing tests, here are six reasons why:
- Spotting the Signs: Potential hearing issues can be revealed by everyday situations. Ask yourself these questions: Do I frequently ask people what they said? Do I need to crank up the TV volume? Do noisy environments make discussions difficult? If you answered “yes” to most of these questions, it’s time for a hearing exam.
- Following Guidelines: Until you turn 50, you should have a hearing exam every 10 years and every 3 years after that, as recommended by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Family History Matters: If other members of your family have hearing issues, this is an excellent reason to schedule a hearing exam with us.
- Establishing a Baseline: Baseline hearing assessments give a reference point for future hearing assessment comparisons, permitting you to monitor changes in your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Issues, such as earwax accumulation, or noise-related hearing loss, can be detected early on by regular hearing tests, preventing further damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Hearing loss can in some cases signal root medical conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, or kidney disease. Addressing these conditions might improve your hearing.
Your physical safety, emotional well-being, and social life are some of the far-reaching consequences of untreated hearing loss. Hearing aids can substantially improve your hearing and general quality of life, letting you fully participate in conversations, enjoy social gatherings, and remain alert to important sounds in your environment.
Don’t miss out on the sound of a loved one’s voice, the laughter of a grandchild, or an important work meeting.
Make an appointment for a hearing test with us right away to safeguard your hearing health and rediscover the sounds that enhance your life.